Wednesday, December 20, 2006

New way to get through the holidays

Are you dreading all the forth coming holiday celebrations? I have found a way to get out of it. Let me tell you about....hibernation. Other creatures have been doing it for millions of years, why can't we?

Now we can.

A man who went missing in western Japan survived in near-freezing weather without food and water for over three weeks by falling into a state similar to hibernation, doctors said.

Mitsutaka Uchikoshi had almost no pulse, his organs had all but shut down and his body temperature was 71 degrees Fahrenheit or about 21.6 Celsius when he was discovered on Rokko mountain in late October, said doctors who treated him at the nearby Kobe City General Hospital. He had been missing for 24 days.


I'm kind of curious on how I'll figure out how to snap out of it though. I don't want to miss new year' eve after all. It's going to take one hell of an alarm clock.

No comments: